Monday, April 25, 2011

Market Common Brunch Easter Day Brunch

When I work all week and finally reach the weekend, I look forward to an afternoon nap to help gear me up for the following week. The only thing that will keep me from that nap is Sunday Brunch. I love brunch and I decided this past Sunday to try it out at the Market Common in Myrtle Beach.

I really had my hopes up and decided to try out Tommy Bahama's brunch. I made this decision based on the fact that I rarely find myself disappointed when I come here. But the brunch menu only had 3 items. One thing that caught my eye was crab hollandaise sauce. I thought that it might be interesting to try. I went with my husband and he's more of a french toast kind of guy and, unfortunately, it was not on the menu. We decided to decline the offer to dine there and went to Gordon Biersch instead.

Gordon Biersch had a full brunch menu. It was extremely difficult to make a decision with so many boring options. They also had a brunch buffet, I know, buffet is equivalent to mediocre food, but I decided to take a chance. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! I strongly recommend to stay away from their disappointing buffet. (sigh). OK, the eggs were perfectly cooked. I hate overcooked eggs and these were cooked just right. Soft and firm yet tender. Their french toast was on the soggy side. They had other items in the buffet that were just a downgraded version of similar items in their menu. It was very disappointing to say the least.

I should have known better. Oh well, you live you learn. If I decide to go back next year, I will just have to stay from the obvious,: Buffets = Mediocre.

No comments:

Post a Comment